The Technological Development of Hitachi Elevators
Looking to the future, our research and development efforts have remained focused on the creation of safety, security and comfort. With Mito Works as our global mother base, we concentrate on conducting precise simulations and operational tests using actual machines on a daily basis at our G1TOWER, the world’s highest-class elevator research tower. The advanced technology developed through these efforts is used in our production of elevators in order to provide customers with even higher levels of safety, security and comfort.
1260 m/min: approximately 3 minutes to the mountaintop of Mt. Fuji.
- This image is used to express the speed of 1,260 m per minute and may differ somewhat from actual results.
The Technology That Supports 1,260 m/min
We providing new value for people, building systems, and society――― Hitachi’s ultra-high speed elevator, which has been delivered to Guangzhou CTF Finance Centre, a skyscraper complex building in Guangzhou, China, received a GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ title as the world’s fastest elevator*1 on September 10. This elevator travels with a rated speed of 1,260 m/min*2 and connects the ground floor to the hotel lobby on the 95th floor in approx. 42 seconds, over a distance of 440 meters. The technology attained from the development of this ultra-high speed elevator will be applied in a bottom-up approach to all Hitachi elevators. In doing so, Hitachi will produce elevators that ensure further safety, security and comfort.
- 1 Official name of record: The fastest lift (elevator)
- 2 1,260 m/min = 75.6 km/h (47 mi/h) = 21 m/s
The Technology That Supports 1,260 m/min Streamlined capsule structure
Streamlined capsule structure for noise reduction
Controls air current turbulence that occurs at high speed and allows the reduction of noise generated outside the car to achieve quiet performance.
The Technology That Supports 1,260 m/min Rope
Strong and lightweight rope
The rope for an elevator installed in a skyscraper is extremely long and its weight puts a stress on the traction machine. With this in mind, Hitachi newly uses a high-strength material that reduces the weight by approximately 30%. This, in turn, contributes to an elevator’s speed by relieving the traction machine’s burden.
The Technology That Supports 1,260 m/min Emergency stop device
Emergency stop device to securely halt the elevator even in the case of emergency
We developed a braking device that can withstand the high heat generated by friction even in the unlikely event of descent at rapid speed.
The Technology That Supports 1,260 m/min Active guide roller
Active guide roller for suppressing vibration
When car vibration is detected, the active guide roller controls and suppresses it to a level that does not cause discomfort.
The streamlined form features the technology obtained from rapid transit railway development.
The flow analysis technology obtained from the car design for rapid transit railways was used to develop the streamlined capsule structure that reduces noise.
Wind tunnel testing using reduced scale models
Evaluated the aerodynamic sound generated by a 1/12 scale car model to confirm the noise reduction effects of a streamlined capsule structure.
Uses steel plant technology for smooth acceleration and deceleration
Using the control technology for rolling machines which ensures smoothness and uniformity in thickness of iron products, we prevent any irregular rotation of the traction machine’s motor to allow smooth acceleration and deceleration of the elevator car to ensure riding comfort.
High standard of safety and comfort has always been in our DNA.
Escalators and Moving Sidewalks
- Please check the applicable country’s website for product details.
Hitachi supports performance retention and problem resolution in the long term to maintain product quality.
Professional maintenance is crucial for safe usage of elevators and escalators in the long term. Hitachi has professionally trained engineers and maintenance tools at each service base.
Technical support from Japan
Hitachi has an established supply system of maintenance parts. Hitachi also organizes technical trainings and seminars both in Japan and over-seas to inform the latest maintenance skills to engineers.
Hitachi proposes a variety of modernization options for aging elevators and escalators such as control system modernization, interior design modernization, and complete modernization in a short period.
- Please check the applicable country’s website for service details.
With building growing higher and higher in cities around the world, Hitachi is expanding its bases operating in Asia, the Middle East and Europe to provide customers with high quality elevators.
< > : Country / Region
- Hitachi Elevator (Cambodia) Co., Ltd. <Cambodia>
- Hitachi Building Equipment Manufacturing (Tianjin) Co., Ltd. <China>
- Hitachi Elevator (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. <China>
- Hitachi Elevator (China) Co., Ltd. <China>
- Hitachi Elevator (Guangzhou) Escalator Co., Ltd. <China>
- Hitachi Elevator Motor (Guangzhou) Co., Ltd. <China>
- Hitachi Building Technology (Guangzhou) Co., Ltd. <China>
- Hitachi Elevator (Chengdu) Co., Ltd. <China>
- Hitachi Elevator Engineering Co., (Hong Kong) Ltd. <Hong Kong>
- Hitachi Lift India Pvt. Ltd. <India>
- PT. Hitachi Asia Indonesia <Indonesia>
- Hitachi, Ltd. <Japan>
- Mito Works <Japan>
- Hitachi Elevator Laos Co., Ltd. <Laos>
- Hitachi Elevator Engineering (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. <Malaysia>
- Hitachi Elevator (Myanmar) Co., Ltd. <Myanmar>
- Hitachi Elevator Philippines Corporation <Philippines>
- Hitachi Elevator Asia Pte. Ltd. <Singapore>
- Lanka Elevator Engineering (Pvt) Ltd. <Sri Lanka>
- Yungtay Engineering Co., Ltd. <Taiwan>
- Hitachi Elevator (Thailand) Co., Ltd. <Thailand>
- Siam-Hitachi Elevator Co., Ltd. <Thailand>
- Hitachi Elevator Vietnam Co., Ltd <Vietnam>
- Kuwaiti Jordanian Co. for Elevators & Services L.L.C. (Authorised distributor of Ahmadiah Contracting & Trading Co. K.C.S.C.) <Jordan>
- Ahmadiah International Elevator Co. W.W.L. <Kuwait>
- Universal Engineering Services L.L.C. <Oman>
- Petrobuild International Elevators Co. W.L.L. <Qatar>
- Hitachi Elevator Saudi Arabia Limited. <Saudi Arabia>
- Al-Futtaim Engineering L.L.C. <UAE>
- Temple Lifts Limited <United Kingdom>
Hitachi’s elevators are operating in buildings, shopping malls, airports, train stations and other facilities around the world.
Shanghai World Financial Center
Park Hotel Alexandra
Al Hamra Tower
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Al Othman Office Tower & Kempinski Al Othman Hotel
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
The Gramercy Residences
Sedona Hotel Yangon
Hang Seng Management College
Hong Kong, China
Phuket International Airport
JW Marriott Mumbai Sahar
As the essence of maintenance services is excellent human resources, Hitachi operates four education bases that work closely with the bases in each country to provide training programs with actual elevators and escalators, as well as education in technologies and skills in areas that include, installation and maintenance.
Global Training Center (Japan)
Training scene (Escalator)
Guangzhou Training Center (China)
Shanghai Training Center (China)
Asia Training Center (Thailand)
Training scene (Elevator)
The History of Hitachi Elevators
Throughout Hitachi’s 90-year history of elevator development since 1920’s, we have remained at the forefront in elevator development capabilities, always looking to the future in order to realize cities of high-rise buildings and of high functionality. “Creating elevators that are the best in Japan as well as the world” is the pioneering spirit that pulses in the heart of every Hitachi engineer.
|1920||Started elevator research at the Kameido Works (Tokyo)|
|1964||300 m/min||300 m/min elevator is delivered to Japan’s first skyscraper building|
|1993||810 m/min||The world’s first elevator with a speed of 810 m/min developed|
|2016||1,200 m/min||The ultra-high-speed elevators achieved the world’s highest speed of 1,200 m/min|
|2017||1,260 m/min||The ultra-high-speed elevator reached the world’s fastest speed of 1,260 m/min|